1. Play the violin . . . check
2. Don't exercise enough . . . check
3. High-stress personality . . . check
Put together, these equal someone with chronic back and shoulder pain. Well, maybe that's a little dramatic. But I have had my fair share of bowling ball-size knots in my shoulders over the years. Unfortunately I'm not quite in a financial situation to have a personal massage therapist follow me around all the time. Lucky for me, I just discovered a cheap alternative. A tennis ball! (Now this is the part that was supposed to have a cute little image of a tennis ball. I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet though.)
For any who want to try it out, I just place the ball on the tight area, lean against the wall, move around a little (it looks ridiculous, so you may not want to do it in public) and . . . oh man. It works wonders! I tried it on the floor but didn't like it as well. So don't go blow your Christmas money on those electronic massage tools that hardly work. This is super portable too! I also recall golf balls working for the arches in my feet. Definitely going to have to stop by a sports store soon.
Thursday, June 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Ah! How timely! I've had a tension headache all day. I just read this post out loud to Wes and he said, "we've got tennis balls in the trunk of the car, I"ll be back..." :)
Thanks for the advice! I love your posts, Heath! They are so witty and fun and so you!
I hope it helps some Lori. I can't promise results, but I sure like it.
oh yeah...my fam has done this for years...we always have tennis balls lying around since we are serious "can't use the balls more than one set" kind of players :)
Great idead, I always have knots all over my back and shoulders but I believe they stem from carring a 25 lb. dead weight around the house. I will have to try this but first must find some tennis balls.
Are you coming back home soon?
Have you tried those spider-like massagers with the four little wooden or plastic balls? It's the same principle as the tennis ball, only you need a partner to roll it around on your back. But oh, they feel heavenly.
Oooh. Good idea! I'll have to try it... and the golf balls DO work wonders on your feet!
Post a Comment