Thursday, July 12, 2007
Oh decisions, decisions
When I have decisions to make, I become completely immobilized, whether they be big or small. Can anyone else relate? Instead of going forth and doing the tasks I know I need to be doing and hoping--no, trusting--that everything else will fall into place, I sit around and search the internet, hoping to find answers, or read old journal entries, or . . . clean. Instead of clearing my mind, praying, and allowing the Spirit to prompt me, I go through every single option and make the decision 10 times harder than it needs to be. Why do I do this to myself? I bet most of these things will work themselves out over time, but I get restless if I don't have the answer RIGHT NOW.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel like we've been in that same decision mode a lot in the last year. It's just hard to know how much to WAIT and deliberate about an answer and how much to just go ahead with what seems reasonable. HARD balance. We struggle with that. We love you and wish you all the quietness of mind and all of the heavenly direction imaginable!! Let us know when you're happliy settled and we'll hand out again!
hang out, I meant! :)Not hand out.
Hey Heather, nice blog! It's fun to see what you are up to.
Good luck with your decisions . . . I definitely know what you mean about those. It's so hard to know! I am sure you will make the right choices with whatever you are currently trying to decide!
Post a Comment