Saturday, September 22, 2007

Breaking my word

I know, I know. I said I was going to cut down on my posts, and here I am posting two days in a row! But it is the weekend, afterall. And I somehow doubt I'll get too many complaints in my comments section. Though I will say, I think my blog would be much more interesting if it included pictures, but alas, I probably will not acquire a digital camera for quite some time and I don't have any cute kids to take pictures of.


So the subject of this post . . . predictability. This is a new thing in my life, and I just wanted to comment on how much I'm enjoying it. I've always prided myself on my spontaneity--waking up and going to bed when I feel like it, practicing when I want to, practicing in any order I want to, etc. (I'm struggling to come up with more examples because that's basically the bulk of my day). Anyway, lately, as I've sort of mentioned before, I've gotten into a pretty strict schedule. Of course, within that schedule there are opportunities for variation, but for the most part I'm sticking to it and surprisingly . . . I love it!! You could say I've become a believer. Who would have thought that balance and order could be this enjoyable. It seemed so restrictive before, but in fact I feel liberated and free--kind of like the gospel (isn't everything like the gospel?).

That's all I have to say.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ha- I knew you couldn't last a whole week! j/k...okay sorry we keep missing each other...i will have a pretty normal schedule this week so we'll have to try calling again...and...you have inspired me--it was early to bed and early to rise all week--it was amazing how much I got done before 12-and how tired I have been! But I am with you--i love the order way more and I'm happy to be getting back to it. love

jeanine said...

I'm all for you breaking your word if it means more posts from you! I'm all for order and schedule... but I think I get stuck in a rut sometimes... I could probably use some spontenaity!

lori said...

I'm aching for a little more routine in my life too...thanks for the motivation!

Brittney said...

Rub it in why don't you. When Spudge received her email inviting her to the reunion she called me and we had and hour and a half pity-party. I am so jealous that you get to see him all the time. Tell him hello.
I miss you Rusty. When are you going to come and see me again?