Am I way overdue for a post or what?! Now that school has started, I suppose my posts will become more sporadic. I also blame it on the fact that my laptop is currently at the doctor (aka HP)--it's just not the same creating posts on a computer that is not my own.
When I say that school has started, I mean it in the very loosest sense. My week has consisted of going to a religion class taught by my mission president, for which I will receive no credit, auditioning for orchestra seating, and picking up forms and e-mailing professors and obtaining signatures. Oh, and practicing and teaching, but I did that this summer too. Next week will consist of another audition, orchestra will begin, and . . . that's pretty much it.
I've decided to dub this semester "The semester of great self-control or else . . ." So far it's been pretty successful. I've managed to get up before 6 every day (well, except yesterday, but it was on purpose), exercise every day, and practice a good amount too. I'm still working on the food self-control (as I write there is an open bag of flavored Tootsie Rolls before me and many wrappers of the same in my pocket), but all in all, I'm pretty happy with myself. I only hope it will last! I've discovered that it is all dependent on one thing--going to bed early. Lucky for me, I have few friends close by so thus far there have not been too many social temptations.
The other things that are requiring self-control are more academic. I'm receiving 2 credits for my recital and 2 credits for my paper. The recital is a bit easier, just because I've been conditioned to feel guilt whenever I am not practicing. But the paper . . . man, I really need to get started! I read a couple of paragraphs today that were related to my topic--does that count? And in addition to this, I need to start working on my applications to doctoral programs, for which I receive no credit. It will be very interesting to give an accounting of my semester once it is all over, don't you think?
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Way to go Heath,
It sounds like it will be an easier semester than some before. Glad to hear that you have been able to get up before 6 everyday, excerise everyday, and practice a lot everyday. I wish that I could say that same (okay not getting up before 6). I am excited to see you tomorrow and hang out.
So let me ask this, are you taking any "real" classes that require you to attend everyday (MWF) and do homework, or is it all just practicing and writing your masters paper thingy?
Hey forgot one thing...
Guess you could say that you are "flying with the eagles!"
Oh my friend, I cannot tell how how this post made my day. "The semester of great self -control, or else..." ???!!!!!
That is about my favorite thing I've ever read on a blog. And a motto I need to adopt for this time in my life too!
Good for you, pursuing so many goals and accomplishing so many things.
I can't tell you how I love you.
"the semester of great self-control, or else..." That made me smile--I can just hear you saying that! Good luck and way to go--waking up so early!
I'm kind of flattered that my post made you tear up. The morning after I wrote it I came to delete it cause I thought that it was just a whine fest, only to find that it already had comments on it. So I left it. I miss you Rusty, sorry we keep missing each other. I keep calling cause I wanna tell you who I found out has a crush on you!
Darling, I got your message and I'm dying to talk to you. We've had an exceptionally busy couple of days - but I'll call you soon! There are, I believe, a few things we need to discuss!
Post a Comment