I don't consider myself to be a vain person in general. I've always felt ok about the way I looked, but there's no feature that I'm particularly proud of . . . except one.
My hair.
Which I find humorous. I very much dislike spending any time on my hair. I resent how long it takes to wash, condition, comb, and blowdry. I don't like styling it (and rarely do, in fact). And in case you hadn't noticed, I never really change it. In fact, when it gets trimmed more than 3 inches I typically go through withdrawals. I'm happiest when it's long, BLONDE, and straight. Oh, and shiny.
I think it would be funny to end my post right there.
But I'm not going to.
Because I have to tell you about the sad saga of my hair as of late.
I've been going swimming 2-3 times a week this semester. Which has been really great for me. (I think I'm definitely the world's slowest swimmer, but I'll tell you what, my shoulders, neck and back have never felt so great!) Unfortunately there is a downside to all this healthy activity--it's killing my hair!
I have tried, more than once, to get a swimcap on, but I just have too much hair for it to stay on (ok, ok, it's probably just because my head is too big, but I like the hair excuse better). So I've tried other alternatives--saturating my hair in conditioner before I get in the pool, washing my hair with a swimmer's shampoo (and repeating!). But nothing seems to help all that much.
I'm therefore bound and determined to make the swimcap fit next time, because as much as I want to swim to keep my shoulders healthy, I don't know if it's worth the sacrifice of having non-shiny, non-silky hair.
See how vain I am!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh Heather you are too funny! This post made me remember the time that Ryan 'trimmed' your hair :)
I remembered that too! Sooo my favorite heather memory. if you can survive Ryan, you can survive swimming? maybe-which is worse?
Ah, I love it!! I'm so proud of your for sticking to your swimming, Heath! They've gotta make some kind of swim cap that would work, right???
Good luck, darling! Your hair didn't look worse for the water to me...
Thanks for stopping by tonight Heath. It was great getting caught up on what is going on in your wonderful life (since you have a ... now!!!) Are visit made me think about some other people that I would love to get in contact with...you'll have to read my post and let me know if you have any ideas or help for my plea at the end.
Boston bit his head off. So it was more like a homicide.
Oh Heather, I love you! You're so funny! Good luck with that swim cap. Also, go you for swimming like that! That's awesome!
So, here's how this morning's swim went. Got the swimcap on, pretty tightly even. Success? Well, not quite, because after about 3 or 4 laps, it definitely started to slip up. So I tugged and pulled and got it to stay down for a couple more laps, but then it came almost all the way off. So I had to start over. In my 30 minutes of pool time there was way more pausing to adjust and pull that darn thing over my head than is ideal. Yeah, I'm headed to the swim shop today to see if I can find an alternative. Sigh.
Bah, this blog isn't bland. And I've been monitoring your blog for months now (o.k. not months, but at least weeks). And I really really like your hair! :-)So...I hope the swim shop worked out in finding you an alternate to a swim cap. ;-)
Hey,
I got an email back from Dave today, I actually have gotten two from him all in one day. I emailed him to see how his life was going and get an update and then of course to ask about the Dorrity issue and what his mom's name is. Anyway, he mentioned your facebook page and I had to laugh.
You do have lovely hair, darling.
Product, it's all about product! (or so I'm told).
Your world has been delighting me the past few days.
Post a Comment