Monday, October 8, 2007

Mondays

I really love Mondays. Strange, I know. Mondays are the days people dread--it means going back to work/school, being responsible, not sleeping in (unless you have kids, and then you never get to sleep in). But it also means a fresh start, having a little more energy because of the extra rest, and tackling all the things you didn't have time for the week before. I think it's the structure of Mondays that I really like. Saturdays, which typically have zero structure, are not my favorite. Even when I was younger I was never a big fan of Saturdays. The day went too quick and I never seemed to get anything done before 4:00 or so. I do a little better with my Saturdays these days, but still . . . I just like Mondays best.

Any other Monday fans out there?

9 comments:

jeanine said...

You know, I never really thought about it but I kind of like Mondays too. It seems that after Sunday the house is crazy and Monday is my day to start making some order again... order is nice.

lori said...

um, Monday= not myt fav. But I don't hate it either. I am a fan of structure too.

Heather said...

I must admit that I do like Mondays because of the fact that we get to start over again. My house can begin to be clean and we get to start a whole new week of fun arts and crafts with the kids. Sadly I too must admit that I love structure. When Jared is home you would think that I would be able to do a whole lot more but it seems that the structure idea just walks out the door and leaves chaos behind.

Brittney said...

No, I like Thursdays. Always have always will. It means you've made it. You're almost to the weekend. Which, while I agree, is unstructured and fails to get much done, it is a day to play with Andy. Anticipation is always better than the real thing, once the weekend starts it's over.

Brittney said...

And Yeah for three posts in two days!

Lindsay said...

Now that I'm no longer going to an 8-5 job, I really like Mondays. It's my day to really tackle my to-do list for the week - something I couldn't do, but really wished I could, while I was working. (This is one thing that makes me realize that my place is at home...home is where my work is.) I feel rested from the weekend and I have the energy I need to get started on the new week. I don't know. Maybe I'm weird, but I like them.

mcampbell said...

I don't like Mondays at 6am when my alarm goes off. I do like Mondays when I have a manageable to-do list. I like manageable to do lists on any day. I don't like unmanageable to-do lists, especially on Mondays. :)

Hope you're weekend was fab, darling.

mcampbell said...

I don't like Mondays at 6am when my alarm goes off. I do like Mondays when I have a manageable to-do list. I like manageable to do lists on any day. I don't like unmanageable to-do lists, especially on Mondays. :)

Hope your weekend was fab, darling.

Unknown said...

oh my goodness. i had a great comment, but of course it got erased. so let's just say: i like tuesdays the best. cause you get to make up for all the stuff you didn't get done on monday.