Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My excuse

So, I realize it's been awhile since I posted, but there's definitely a reason. In addition to wedding plans (which, by the way folks, we're almost there!), I've been preparing for my GRADUATE ORALS. If you don't know what I'm talking about, be grateful. So, they were this morning, and, miracle of miracles, I passed! It ends up being a pretty intimidating affair--when asked questions on the spot like that it's amazing how quickly your brain stops functioning. As I was trying to think of various composers I just kept thinking, "Beethoven, then Brahms, then . . . well . . . but he's French . . . " Really helpful. Anyway, it's done. Hallelujah. I'm one step closer to graduating. I have one more REALLY BIG project to complete and then you can call me Master Heather if it so pleases you.

I will try to do some catch up posts here. Sorry you get so much of me at once and then none of me for long stretches. I'll try to be more consistent starting in . . . August?

12 comments:

Heather said...

there is life out there!!! Still not sure if I will be able to make it this Saturday. You just need to free up your schedule so we aren't cramming everything in Easter weekend. If I am not there, know that I wish I could be. I will get a gift to you either there or sometime after...are you registered anywhere?

Allison Hollingsworth Deming said...

Well I did not have Oral's for my Masters, but I 12 hours of written for my doctorate. Then they can ask you all the question they want as well, that is the oral portion, and preparing for that is totally insane, but a HUGE relief when you are done! So congrats. The good news is that you do not have to do it again, EVER!

heath said...

Heather, you're fine if you can't make it. I was actually thinking of inviting you to the family one since it's closer for you, plus you know some of the fam. Anyway, we are registered at Bed Bath etc. and Target.

wes said...

Congrats Master Heather!!

And come August (or April), are you and Royce combining blogs?

Jessie said...

congrats on passing your orals Heather! Yay!

jeanine said...

Congrats! I bet that's a big relief!

lori said...

so glad you're done, friend!! What a crazy semester for you!!!

mcampbell said...

So glad your orals went well! That is a huge check mark on the to do list. I can't believe we're just over a month away from the big day. !

So exciting. Wish I could be there on Saturday...I'm thinking of you.

Love.

Heather said...

Are you going to be mad if I don't come on Saturday? I totally want to but can't seem to squeeze everything in from Ward parties, Grandma's Easter egg hunt, and Easter dinner at 4:00. Sorry. I will let Lori know. Do invite me to the family one. I would love to see all of your family again, especially before your parents leave for the mission, unless they have already left. Thanks my dear.

heath said...

Heath, you're too funny. Don't worry about it at all. Have a great Easter weekend.

Lindsay said...

Hooray! Congrats, Nearly Master Heather, on passing!

Heidi said...

A big congrats, Heath! Sorry I haven't been in touch much lately. Thank goodness for blogs, though . . . it's great to see what you've been up to.

Hope to see you soon!