Sunday, October 7, 2007

Getting cold

I don't know about where you all live, but here in Utah it has been rather cold as of late. There have been lovely, warm moments, but the cooler temperatures seem to be taunting me with the imminence of winter.

I don't like winter.

I suppose there's a certain charm to winter if you think of hot chocolate, Christmas carols, sledding down hills, and colorful scarves. However, the reality is scraping car windshields, walking to campus with frozen fingers, and having to put on/take off layers upon layers of clothing when you leave/enter a building. In short, winter is a pain.

I'm told that you miss it when you live where there is no winter. My response--I'd like to see it before I believe it.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Believe it baby

Heather said...

You make me laugh. I must admit though that it is true you miss it when you leave it. Granted I haven't ever lived outside of Utah but when we go to California for Christmas and there is no snow or coldness whatsoever I long for it (espcially the snow). Just wait Heath, it is only going to get worse!

jeanine said...

I don't really like winter either... especially with kids. But at the moment I'm longing for some cool weather. I was going to say longing for winter but really only if it's a Southern California winter... so really I'm longing more for fall. And as for missing winter... I NEVER thought I would say this but I really do miss Utah winters because it snowed but the roads were still driveable... here IF it snows everyone freaks out and doesn't know what to do... frustrating. So yeah, sorry this was so long.

Lindsay said...

You should come to Brooklyn. It's been 85 degrees and muggy here. I wouldn't mind it at least a little bit cooler. Though I'm pretty much with you in not liking winter much (except for the fact that during winter I can wear sweaters. I like sweaters).

lori said...

you're right, the reality is icey inconvenience. But let's just keep thinking about the hot chocolate, eh?