On Saturday I was performing my dress rehearsal (make sure you all come to my real recital as I didn't see most of you there) and I was playing Sibelius's concerto 2nd movement and was playing really quickly and the strings to my violin snapped and whacked me in the face (I am o.k.) causing me to drop my violin, causing my violin to break. This is roughly what it looked like but worse:

This is what my face looked like:

Needless to say the performance didn't end very well. Hopefully next Saturday will be a lot better, but probably not quite so entertaining for those that attend.
13 comments:
What are you going to do? I would have loved to have seen the reaction in person but the picture does some justice. Hopefully I will see you on Saturday, still trying to figure out if I can juggle everything. Good luck this Saturday!
Oh goodness.. I hope that your recital goes off without a hitch (or a broken violin!)
Wow! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it! How's looking for a new violin? Or are they going to be able to fix your violin?
no way! Is it repairable??!!?? Will it cost a ton? Oh, Heather! No fun!
Yikes, Heather! You sound remarkably calm, what with your recital coming up this Saturday. Is this fixable? Or replaceable?
Ok, the joke is over. My boyfriend thinks he's pretty funny. He made me promise I wouldn't write any disclaimers until people made comments. Did I wait long enough for you Royce?
You didn't explain the joke very well and didn't give an explanation, and I would have preferred you waited a little longer...but I guess it's o.k. I was laughing all morning though.
Wait. Wait. It was all joke?
Phew. Good news.
ha haha.
Sorry for ruining the joke so early Royce. I just didn't want people to worry needlessly on my behalf. And here's a better explanation, for those of you who didn't read in between the lines:
My boyfriend, Royce/ROAST, was bugging me about updating my blog, and I told him I had nothing to blog about and that he should write a story for me. He said he didn't have any stories about me to tell, but a few minutes later he started typing and pulling up pictures and created a story which was pretty funny actually. I wanted to write a disclaimer, but he wouldn't let me. I thought it sounded fake enough that no one would believe it, but apparently he did a pretty good job.
So there's the story. Sorry for deceiving you all. Hopefully I haven't completely lost your trust. ;)
oh my goodness! that was hilarious! I wondered why you didn't say anything to me on the phone about it! (I thought maybe I had just missed it because of the bad cell phone connection). Got your message too...I was going to leave the exact same one for you! I guess we'll try again some other tme :) Royce-you are hilarious. Don't you ever do that again :)
Oh my gosh, it is a good thing I read all the comments before I posted. I usually don't.
I was having visions of you and that violin on the mission. Sometimes I was waiting for you to swaddle it and tuck it in at night, or cuddle it to sleep.
Then I just kept thinking about how much it is worth, and thought, she'll never come see me now.
Nice one Royce/Heather. I must admit that you did seem pretty calm about the whole situation. Well, good luck this weekend in case I don't make it. We are battling a cold again, which really tends to wipe me out. When do you leave for Thanksgiving?
Heath, sorry I didn't make it to the recital. Things are chaotic up here. Jared is out helping the elder's quorum president in his yard. I am making cookies and wishing that I could have been there. Hope it all went well and that lots of people showed up for you. Was Royce there or is he out of town? Well, hope to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment