Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not quite the same

Had a bit of a chuckle this evening. I played at a graduate symposium with another grad student tonight. We played Meditation from Thais, by Massanet. A pretty famous little piece--I'm positive all of you have heard it. Before everything started, the cute girl who was announcing everything was double-checking the pronunciation of everything; how to say Thais (Tie-ease) and Massanet (Mass-a-nay). Well, in the actual announcement she said that we were going to be playing "Mediation." Sort of puts a different spin on the mood of the music! I was smiling too hard (couldn't exactly laugh out loud at that moment) to hear if she pronounced the rest of it correctly.

2 comments:

jeanine said...

Oh that's too funny! Sounds like something I would do!

Heather said...

Funny how we focus on the "harder" words and yet flubber the easy ones.