Twenty-five pages later, and I'm finally finished. Let me tell you what, trying to graduate and preparing for a wedding in the same semester has been pretty crazy. But we're almost there! In six days I will be graduated and married! (I'm mostly excited about the married part--the graduated part is an added bonus.)
So the last few days I've been staying up way too late (turns out I am a more effective writer at 1:00 am) trying to finish this paper for my applied string literature course, which is essentially an independent readings course, whatever that means. Actually, what it means is that you pick a project to work on, with the help of an adviser, and then you work on it . . . most likely at the last minute. I've been comparing 15 editions of the Bach Sonatas and Partitas. I didn't think I would ever in my life write a 25-page paper (for some of you, that probably isn't all that long) but I guess I had a lot to say.
Earlier in the week and in the weeks previous I was working on a big project for my theory class. It was actually pretty hard. Not as much writing, but a lot more analyzing. My brain has had plenty of exercise this week!
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Boring! :-)
Yea! Glad that you are all done! Now you can fully focus on the wedding... hooray!
Only a few more days!!!!!
Even though I am currently working on the 151st page of my dissertation, a 25 page paper is very long. In fact, it is a hard size to write. My biggest problem right now is the 25 page introduction...I can either like cut it down to less detail, or add like 10 more pages to make it "better". I hate papers. No matter how long...but the important thing is that you are all DONE! Oh, and I am a good writer between 1-4 am the day before the paper is due. It is my most effective time. :) Have a bast at the wedding, I am sure that it is going to go perfectly.
so glad you're done, dear!
PARTY TIME~ the count down begins....
hip hip hooray! I think I am most excited for the wedding, and Ryan is probably most excited that you are done with school. see you soon!
Yeah!!! for everything. Fun to see you last weekend and can't wait for this weekend. (25 pages is alot!!!)
Congratulations on being all done. I'm excited for your big day. We have your wedding invitation on the fridge and Olivia loves to point to it and say "a daddy, a mommy" (that's pretty much how she classifies everything).
I just had to reply to Allison's comment--I cannot imagine writing anything over 50 pages! What a project.
Post a Comment