So on Christmas Day, Royce and I flew to Texas. Here is a sampling of what Christmas is like in Texas.
I think the day after Christmas we went to this place called Fossil Rim. I have no clue where it's located. I just know it took us about an hour and a half to get there from Southlake, which is between Dallas and Fortworth. Anyway, if you ever get a chance you should definitely go. It's a little pricey, but it's totally worth it (speaking of, did we ever pay your parents back Royce?).
Here's a picture of some of the people that went. Royce's mom is in the middle. You can see why Royce is so tall! His brother Robert is on her other side, and this random kid Jose is the other one.
So Fossil Rim is kind of like a zoo, except you stay in your car and most of the animals are not in cages (the cheetas, unfortunately, were caged up the day we were there). You can buy a bag of feed for like $400, and then you can hand feed the animals! You're actually supposed to drop it on the ground, but I think the animals are used to eating out of peoples' hands. I did not feed the animals.
So that was a little glimpse of our exciting adventure. Definitely one of the highlights of the entire break for me!
6 comments:
Wow, you look short in that picture, or at least average. Never seen that before.
Fossil Rim sounds pretty awesome. I mean - zebras practically in your car? It doesn't get much better than that.
And I agree: I've never seen you in a grouping where you're one of the shortest people! You and Royce are bound to have some very tall children. :)
So glad you discovered a love for zebras. I hope it will lead to great life fulfilment for you. =)
Looks like fun! Great to see some of Royce's (tall) family!
I love the zebras in the car! I am actually quite jealous. It sounds like it is awesome and that I would love to go, but when am I ever going to get to Texas?
I must agree with everyone else, I have never seen a picture where you seem to be "average"!
So cool! William would love it. Or maybe he would be scared out of his mind with the animals so close. I don't know. And interesting point about the curly horns... I wonder...
ps. for the first time in my life of having the straightest of hair it got a little wavy when I was pregnant. Kinda cool.
didn't get the good one with me and the zebra. I had my like arm over him he was in the car so far! p.s. what time did you post this?
Post a Comment