This last picture is in front of the Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory. It's right off of I-215 on your way to Bountiful. And for the record, it's definitely worth a stop. You get 2 free chocolates. That's right, 2! Per person! (Actually, we lucked out and got 4 free chocolates each.)
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Utah Adventures
I really liked having Royce with me in Bountiful for Christmas break. We did such exciting things (as opposed to just sitting around at home). Things such as visiting the prophets' graves (we had to jump a fence to see Brigham Young's grave--oops!), playing games with my siblings (Settlers, Guitar Hero), going swimming (he had to beg and plead for me to do that one, but it was fun), and other fun events, of which I have photographic proof.
We tried on random coats from my parents' coat closet. The one I'm wearing is my 10-year-old nieces coat. Looks good, eh? The faux fur definitely makes me look about 20 pounds heavier. Royce is wearing a Guatemalan jacket. Now why haven't those made a comeback?
This is at the Planetarium. I think this is supposed to be an ice planet? Looks real, huh!
That's right, folks. We frequented the "Worlds First KFC"! Right in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Here's Royce with Colonel Sanders and Mr. Harman.
More evidence that this is, indeed, the world's first KFC.
I think this is the original sign.
This is one of Colonel Sanders suits! I think we're going to get Royce a suit like that for the wedding!
Some of the tables have pictures and memorabilia underneath the glass. So you can enjoy greasy fried food and get a history lesson at the same time!
This last picture is in front of the Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory. It's right off of I-215 on your way to Bountiful. And for the record, it's definitely worth a stop. You get 2 free chocolates. That's right, 2! Per person! (Actually, we lucked out and got 4 free chocolates each.)
This last picture is in front of the Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate factory. It's right off of I-215 on your way to Bountiful. And for the record, it's definitely worth a stop. You get 2 free chocolates. That's right, 2! Per person! (Actually, we lucked out and got 4 free chocolates each.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Fun! 2 free chocolates? Sign me up!!!
I've eaten at that KFC! Also, free chocolates? Luck-eee!
too fun, guys! I love it!
So glad that isn't your coat. I hadn't read the caption yet and I just couldn't stop looking at it. All I could think was, Rusty doesn't dress like that, what is going on?
I've been wondering if you could score free chocolate at that factory. Wahoo! :)
I'm totally taking my summer camp kids to the chocolate factory this summer. I'm so excited! Thanks for the great idea!
sounds like ry and i have more reasons to end up in bountiful...dicks, the mandarin, nelsons? or whatever that ice cream place is called, and now KFC and free chocolate. i love it.
Heath, you make me laugh. Glad to see that there is life out there. Thought that you crawled in a hole to hide until the wedding!
What the heck is Dicks Amy? Or I guess Heather if you know?
Funny that you should ask such a question Royce! It seems like everyone who first hears the name has the same question or the same appalled look on their face.
Post a Comment